Taylor Swift Explains What Inspired Break-Up Song ‘Death By A Thousand Cuts’

The Daily Caller | 8/23/2019 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://cdn01.dailycaller.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/Taylor_Swift-2-e1556217594515.jpg

Taylor Swift explained what inspired her latest break-up song, “Death By A Thousand Cuts,” and it isn’t about breaking up with boyfriend Joe Alwyn as people are speculating.

“Basically, often times I’ll write songs about my own life, but there’s always flickers of other people’s work that influence me in some way,” the 29-year-old singer shared during an interview with IHeart Radio posted Friday when asked what the story was behind the heart-breaking lyrics. It starts at the 12:04 mark if you want to hear it in its entirety.

Movie - Netflix - Someone - Great - Amazing

“I watched this movie on Netflix called “Someone Great,” it’s this amazing like well done romantic comedy with a heart and like just depth to it,” she added. “Because it’s about this relationship that ends after like eight or nine years.”

The “Lover” hitmaker continued, while admitting after she first read the synopsis of the movie she thought it might be like those other romantic comedies where the girl goes out and gets drunk after the break up, but that didn’t happen this time.

Gut - Punch - Swift - Movie - Relationship

“And then you turn it on and it’s like this gut punch because it actually isn’t that at all,” Swift shared. “Its a movie about how she has to end this relationship that she didn’t want to end because she’s still in love with the...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Daily Caller
Wake Up To Breaking News!
"Tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis