Undivided faith: How we can live as wholly devoted followers of Christ

www.christianpost.com | 8/23/2019 | Staff
gemini2323 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.christianpost.com/files/original/thumbnail/23/26/232615.jpg

Facebook Twitter Email Menu Comment

I recently took our youth group to the mountains of Tennessee for summer camp. Our theme this year was Undivided: Wholly Devoted, Uncompromising Followers of Christ. I would love to say it was an easy week, full of smores, Bible time and heart to hearts. Instead, it was a week full of spiritual opposition.

Week - MUCH - Breakthrough - Lord - Things

But it was also a week of MUCH breakthrough, because Lord did amazing things. Being undivided in our pursuit of the Lord should be something every Christian strives for. Young and old, new believer and seasoned believer. Everyday.

We live in a world constantly pulling for our attention. Sometimes I wonder, for those of us here in America, if we really are the “United” States. Honestly, it often feels like we are more divided than united. And if we are honest, are churches more divided than they are united? What about Christians in their daily walk with God?

I think so.

That’s why we spent a week with 40 students, trying to make a difference in their walk. I understand that’s a small percentage of people compared to our Christian family around the world, but 40 is better than none. One is better than none. Even if only one student came home with a new perspective, a stronger walk, a deeper devotion to Christ, we’ve won.

Question - Life - Order - Lord

Being undivided means we need to ask ourselves the tough question: What in my life do I need to divide myself from in order to be wholly devoted to the Lord?

Honestly, I’ve had to learn to divide myself from my own selfishness. I didn’t really know how selfish I was until October 2016, when my oldest son was born. Kids have a way of bringing to light how selfish we can be. But even after having two kids, I still...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.christianpost.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!