Children as young as FOUR among 1,000 pupils caught with knives in school last year

The Sun | 8/23/2019 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/NINTCHDBPICT000465962700.jpg?strip=all&quality=100&w=1200&h=800&crop=1

MORE than 1,000 children were caught carrying knives in schools last year - with the youngest aged just four, figures show.

Weapons seized by police included machetes, hunting knives, a samurai sword and even a highlighter pen which had its nib changed to a blade.

Figures - News - Freedom - Information - Laws

Figures obtained by 5 News under Freedom of Information laws show a total of 1,144 knife possession offences in schools, where the suspect was a child, were recorded in England, Scotland and Wales last year.

The number of offences more than doubled over the past five years, among the 36 forces in England and Wales that provided comparable data, soaring from 372 in 2014 to 968 last year.

Police - School - Wales - Teachers - Knife

Police were called to one school in Wales by teachers concerned that a four-year-old had a knife.

'I'LL STAB YOU'

Manchester - Highlighter - Nib - Blade - Pupil

In Manchester, an 11-year-old, who had replaced a highlighter nib with a blade, told another pupil: "Listen to me or else I'll stab you."

Former teacher David Simmons, who set up the Changing Lives charity, said he was confronted by a six-year-old brandishing a knife while working in a north London school.

Staff - Members - Child

"He was threatening other staff members and saying that he was going to stab them so I've gone over trying to calm this child down," he said.

"He's then said he's going to stab me and kill me."

Archbishop - Ilsley - Catholic - School

Archbishop Ilsley Catholic School,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Sun
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Individuals can exist without government but government can't exist without individuals.