Overstock CEO Patrick Byrne claims he was duped into 'political espionage'

Mail Online | 8/22/2019 | Rod Ardehali For Dailymail.com;Reuters
ridge-khridge-kh (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/08/23/03/17593776-0-image-a-7_1566527322881.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/04/26/743228553567422694/1024x576_MP4_743228553567422694.mp4

Overstock.com's CEO has spoken out for the first time since his resignation following bombshell revelations of his involvement in an FBI probe into Hillary Clinton along with a secret relationship with a Russian agent.

In a rambling interview with Fox News, Patrick Byrne said 'we are about to see the biggest scandal in American history,' after claiming he was duped into acting on behalf of the FBI to carry out 'political espionage.'

Byrne - Show - Mock - MAGA - Hat

Byrne - who appeared on the show wearing a mock MAGA hat with the phrase 'Make America Grateful Again' - claimed he received 'fishy' orders from former FBI official Peter Strzok and said he was present in to the room when the 'espionage' against Clinton and Trump were carried out.

'I was given some fishy orders and I carried them out in 2015-2016, thinking I was conducting law enforcement,' he said.

'I - Orders - Summer - Television - Hearings

'I didn't know who sent the orders, but I did them. Last summer, watching television and some congressional hearings, I figured out where these orders came from. They came from a guy named Peter Strzok.'

Strzok was ejected from Special Counsel Robert Mueller's Russia investigation after trading anti- Trump text messages with his mistress, Lisa Page. He was later fired by the FBI.

Requests - Byrne - Term - Espionage

Despite requests, Byrne refused to elaborate on what he specifically asked to do besides the term 'political espionage'.

Following his resignation on Thursday morning, the company's stock prices surged five percent after a plummeting more than 30 percent.

Resignation - Drop - Percent - Retailer - Shares

His resignation follows a drop of over 30 percent in the online retailer's shares over two days earlier this month, with investors rattled after Byrne claimed in a statement that he had secretly been involved with the FBI since 2015.

The stock briefly surged 15 percent after the announcement of Byrne's resignation.

'While I believe that I did what was necessary for...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Millions in tribute, but not a penny left for charity.