Nike releases sneakers to promote mental health awareness

Mail Online | 8/21/2019 | Danielle Zoellner For Dailymail.com
red815 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/08/21/18/17536012-0-image-a-26_1566408251870.jpg

View this post on Instagram

creating these sneakers was a way for me to combine both of my passions into one and to be able to raise awareness and advocate for mental health within the sneaker community. even though the sneakers are sold out, this conversation shouldn’t end. 〰️ the reason for re-creating these vintage ads was to incorporate mental health language and information to show that mental health is a normal everyday thing. whether you want to admit it or not, we all have mental health. some people might struggle with theirs more so than others but regardless it exists within all of us. it’s so important to talk about it and to be able to express our feelings and how they are playing a role in the way we live our lives because this is how we learn to recognize signs and symptoms and how we can provide support for others or ourselves. please continue to have #realconvos about mental health. #TeamNike #WeAreCultivator #InMyFeelsByLiz if you’d like to still donate to AFSP National you can do so by going to this link 👉🏻 https://afsp.org/take-action/give-a-gift/donate-to-afsp/

A post shared by liz beecroft (@lizbcroft) on

Nike has released sneakers to promote mental health awareness — and the shoes were so popular they sold out within 48 hours of launching online.

The In My Feels Air Max 270s combined fashion with awareness by making subtle references to mental illness throughout the design, including re-designing the Nike swoosh symbol on the shoe.

Standard - Swoosh - Line - Reference - Ups

Instead of doing the standard swoosh, it was modified to show a squiggly line in reference to the ups and downs people experience in life.

The shoe is in a lime green shade with white detailing on the soles and laces.

Green - Part - Shade - Health - Awareness

Green was picked, in part, because the shade represents mental health awareness.

On the heels of the shoes, consumers will find the phrase 'In My Feels' in black text with the message flowing from one heel to the next.

A - NYC - Nice - Day - Text

Then 'Have A NYC [Nice] Day' is inscribed in black text on the tongue of the sneakers.

The brand partnered with mental health advocate Liz Beecroft to create the new shoes, and the woman detailed in an Instagram post what it meant to involved in the creation of the product.

Sneakers - Way - Passions - Awareness - Advocate

'Creating these sneakers was a way for me to combine both of my passions into one and to be able to raise awareness and advocate for mental health within the sneaker community,' she wrote.

Liz shared the sneakers ($180) in a series of posts on Instagram to celebrate the launch....
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!