Best noise-cancelling headphones of 2019

CNET | 8/21/2019 | David Carnoy
lukealukea (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://cnet4.cbsistatic.com/img/bMZBWqt4rimtD6JqTQLw7aLrax0=/756x567/2019/08/17/496ac8a5-bd2d-4594-899f-13505737f522/bang-olufsen-beoplay-h9.jpg

For many years, Bose was the gold standard for noise-cancelling headphones. But other companies have steadily chipped away at Bose's lead and now it's a competitive category with plenty of compelling noise-cancelling options at different prices. I've collected the best ones below, all of which I've fully reviewed or used hands-on over a period of time. I'll be updating this list as more top noise-cancelling headphones are released.

Note that CNET may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.

Sony - WH-1000XM3 - Generation - Sony - Wireless

Sony's WH-1000XM3, the third generation of Sony's excellent wireless noise-canceling headphones, is more comfortable and features even better performance. It's currently our top-rated noise-canceling headphone, edging out the Bose models on some key points.

Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700, the long-awaited successor to its QuietComfort 35 II models, may not be a quantum leap forward but they offer slightly better sound, call and noise-canceling quality. Alas, they cost $400, but they're a strong all-around performer.

Bose - Flagship - Headphones - QuietComfort - II

When Bose released its new flagship Noise-Cancelling 700 Headphones it didn't drop the QuietComfort 35 II from its headphone line up and it remains a top noise-cancelling headphone. While I think the 700 performs better overall, there are people who prefer the QuietComfort 35 II. It frequently goes on sale for less than its price so definitely look for it at a discount.

When Jabra first announced its new Elite 85h ($300, £280 or about AU$435 converted) over-ear premium wireless headphones, it touted how it would be equipped with always-on (hands-free) voice assistant control using Amazon's Alexa or Google Assistant. Alas, that feature didn't make it into the final product -- apparently it affected battery life too much -- but the Elite 85h is nevertheless an excellent noise-canceling headphone that sounds great, is comfortable to wear and also works well as...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CNET
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: