Solar Road Is the Left’s Latest Debacle

The Rush Limbaugh Show | 8/20/2019 | Dean Karayanis
xhelloworld (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/APP-082019-Solar-Road-RUSH.jpg

RUSH: Have you ever heard of a solar road? I hadn’t until I ran across this story. Solar roads. It’s an actual road made of solar panels. A road! Something you would drive on. Something you would ride your bike on. “Solar roads were promised to be one of the biggest unprecedented revolutions of our time, not just in the field of renewable energy but in the energy sector generally. Covering 2,800 square meters, Normandy’s solar road was the first in the world, inaugurated in 2016…”

You know what? Brian, before I go far, I need to take a screenshot. Folks, just imagine a two-lane road made of solar panels — and it was supposed to revolutionize renewable energy. The point of the story is it has become — the first solar road has become — “a colossal failure.” It’s falling apart. It doesn’t generate anywhere near enough energy. It’s not even close to sustainable. Two years after. It’s the Normandy road in France. “Two years after the world’s first solar road … was set up, it’s turned out to be a colossal failure, according to a report by Le Monde,” the French newspaper.

Road - State - Amount - Energy - Traffic

“The road has deteriorated to a terrible state, it isn’t producing anywhere near the amount of energy it had previously pledged to, and the traffic it has brought with it is causing noise problems,” because driving on solar panels is not quiet. It’s another left-wing invention based on doing good things — social justice, sustainable economy and climate change, blah, blah, blah — and it’s an absolute debacle.

RUSH: Looky here, folks. We have somebody actually call to weigh in on the solar road, the Normandy road in France. It’s near Normandy. So that would make sense. And it is an absolute colossal failure, as most all of the...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Rush Limbaugh Show
Wake Up To Breaking News!
"However, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?" Luke 18:8
Tagged: