6 Critical Connections

YouthMinistry.com | 8/20/2019 | Staff
maye (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://2e2kda1m9pm41j3ob93smm8e-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/upload/ymprod/alexis-brown-Xv7k95vOFA-unsplash-1.jpg

The administrative work in ministry is hard for me. Diving into the details always stresses me out. That’s why, at the beginning of every school year, I make sure I’m making six critical connections before we launch. These are conversations that help everyone, including me, know where we’re going, and why.

1. If you’re married, talk to your spouse.

Fall - Calendar - Family - Ministry - Measure

As you plan your fall calendar, mold it around your family. In ministry, we know there’s always some measure of sacrifice required, but if you have control over your planning, lessen the blow for your family. I would hate for my kids to look back with frustration at the church because of a schedule that pulled me away from them too often.

2. Talk with your pastor.

Role - Mission - Vision - Direction - Church

Our role is to support the mission, vision, and direction of our church. If our programs interfere with church programs, or the youth ministry’s purpose and direction interfere with the church’s overall church direction it’s a problem. Align your ministry with where the church is going. This will make your life easier and build your relationship with church leadership.

3. Talk with your volunteers.

Time - Leaders - Pipeline - Leaders - Way

This is an exciting time of new leaders coming into your pipeline and established leaders who will help lead the way. Our tendency is to lean into what we want from our volunteers. But don’t stop there—making sure you give them a steady drip of your church’s...
(Excerpt) Read more at: YouthMinistry.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: