THE POWER OF TRUST

Godspacelight | 8/20/2019 | Staff
DebraS (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://godspacelight.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/denys-nevozhai-z0nVqfrOqWA-unsplash.jpeg

Are you stressed-out? God will help you deal with stress if you trust Him to do so.

Stress is a huge problem in our over-busy and over-connected world. You may well be one of the 75% of Americans who complain of stress. Stress causes or contributes to 80% of serious illnesses, such as heart disease, high blood pressure, obesity, diabetes, and cancer. Stress is also a contributing factor in the majority of visits to the doctor. These are the stress-related ailments like pain, headaches, insomnia, anxiety, or depression that I saw everyday during my many years practicing medicine.

Believe - God - Difference - Faith - God

Most of you who are reading this believe in God. But, do you understand the difference between your faith in God and your trust in God? Do you trust God? Let me share a famous story that helped me understand the difference.

Charles Blondin was a world-famous tightrope walker who in the mid-1800’s walked across Niagara Falls 300 times on a 2-inch rope.Thousands of people saw him do this. They also saw him perform breathtaking stunts, like walking on the wire backward, blindfolded, or while pushing a loaded wheelbarrow. Everyone believed Blondin could do these things. They had faith in him. But only one person trusted him. His manager, Harry Colcord, who trusted Blondin enough to climb on his back and let himself be carried across the falls.

Faith - Grace - Virtue - God - Think

Faith is a grace or a virtue given freely by God. Think of it as a gift from God. But this gift of faith will not be yours until you say yes to the gift, until you make the decision to absolutely believe in God. You accept this gift by your decision to believe. Trust will then grow from this faith. Proverbs 3:5 says, “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, on your own...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Godspacelight
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: