Don’t Fall For Omar And Tlaib’s Lies About Israel

The Federalist | 8/19/2019 | David Harsanyi
Coraav (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://thefederalist.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/tlaibradhidomar.jpg

Nearly everything Democratic Reps. Ilhan Omar and Rashida Tlaib said in their two-woman production of “Israel is Evil” on Monday was untrue. Let’s, for now, take one of the central claims the duo made.

They contend they were denied entry into the Jewish state because of their faith, while fellow sitting members of Congress were not. It’s simply untrue. Both Omar and Tlaib could easily have joined a group of 70 of their colleagues and met with Israeli and Palestinian Authority officials — if it’s supposedly part of their “duties,” as they assert, to learn about the situation on the ground.

Tlaib - Sity - Years - Election - Congress

Even then, Tlaib, who hadn’t visited her poor Sity for 13 years before her election to Congress, had asked to visit her grandmother on humanitarian grounds. Israel granted the request as long as Tlaib, now travelling as a private citizen, refrained from antisemitic BDS public protests during her stay.

No country is under any moral obligation to issue visas to foreigners who actively engage in efforts to harm its citizens, much less abet their activities. And BDS’s goal is to bring economic ruin to the democratic Jewish state — not only to Netanyahu or to Likud voters or to “settlers,” but to every citizen in the country, including the nearly two million Arab citizens.

Tlaib - Letter - Terms - Stationary - Permission

Tlaib must have agreed, because she signed a letter acquiescing to those terms on congressional stationary. Only once granted permission by Israel did she break into performance mode, claiming that visiting her family without being able to engage in activism amounted to “oppressive conditions.”

“Through tears, at three o’clock in the morning, we all decided as a family that I could not go until I was a free, American, United States Congresswoman coming there, not only to see my grandmother but to talk to Palestinian and Israeli organizations that believed...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Federalist
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: