Man, 18, sheds more than 110LBS in seven months to join the U.S. Army

Mail Online | 8/19/2019 | Erica Tempesta For Dailymail.com
cute16 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/08/19/23/17461800-0-image-a-138_1566252639391.jpg

A young man who wants to serve in the military has shed a whopping 114lbs to meet the U.S. Army's weight requirements.

Luis Pinto, 18, from Las Vegas, Nevada, went from 317lbs to 203lbs in just seven months after speaking to an army recruiter and learning he wouldn't be able to enlist at his size.

Requirements - Everything - Thing - Weight - KTRK

'I went over the requirements and everything I'd need and the only thing holding me back was my weight,' he told KTRK. 'So, I knew that something needed to be done.

Pinto admitted that he always saw himself as a bigger guy because he had always been larger than his peers.

Life - Kid - School - Football - Lineman

'My whole life, I've been a big kid. I've always been,' he said. 'In high school, I played football and I was a lineman.

'I was one of those big guys walking around campus, and I guess I kind of got used to that, which probably isn't the best thing.'

Pinto - Time - Weight - Weeks

Pinto didn't waste any time losing weight and shed nearly 20lbs in just two weeks.

'It was one of those things where I talked to him and was like, if you put the dedication into it and you actually work at it, it's something you could do,' said Pinto's recruiter, Philip Long, a staff sergeant in the U.S. Army.

Weeks

'And then the first two weeks, he came in, he was already down to like 298. So, you know he'd been working.'

According to Long, less than 30 percent of today's youth are eligible for military service. The number one disqualifier of 18-34 year-olds is the failure to meet the height and weight requirement.

Pinto - Army - Stop

However, Pinto was determined to join the army, and he refused to let his weight stop him.

According to Long, less than 30 percent of today's youth are eligible for military service....
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: