Boat teams scour more than 24,000 square miles off Florida coast for two missing firefighters

Mail Online | 8/19/2019 | Josh Saunders For Dailymail.com
Tanya9 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/08/19/16/17450394-0-image-a-36_1566229581645.jpg

A search to find two off-duty firefighters who went missing during a fishing trip has covered more than 24,000 square miles of the coast of Florida.

Brian McCluney and Justin Walker were last seen launching a 24-foot center console boat into the waters off of Jetty Park in Cape Canaveral, on Friday.

Pair - Reef - Passing - McCluney - Father

The pair were headed to 8A reef to honor the passing of McCluney's late father at a fishing spot they had frequented numerous times in the past.

When they didn't return their families alerted authorities and a combined effort was launched by the U.S. Coast Guard, Brevard County Sheriff, Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission and the U.S. Navy.

McCluney - Jacksonville - Florida - Walker - Fairfax

McCluney of Jacksonville, Florida, and Walker, of Fairfax, Virginia, could still be alive according to authorities and may have floated out to sea after a mechanical or electrical issue.

More than 50 firefighters set out on 11 boats as part of the search operations from both Vilano and Daytona Beach on Sunday.

'These - Duty - Firefighters - Time - Gas

'These are all off duty firefighters donating their time, their gas and their boats looking for one of their brothers,' a Jacksonville Fire and Rescue Department spokesman told News4Jax.

'Want to know about our bond with each other? These are the times that we come together to accomplish amazing things,' they tweeted.

Boat - Sunday - Alarm

It was believed that their boat had been located on Sunday but it turned out to be a false alarm.

The pilot of a private plane had spotted a vessel around 50 miles east off the coast of Jacksonville.

Cooler - Life - Jackets - Water - Area

A cooler and life jackets were discovered in the water surrounding the area but the debris did not belong to either of the pair.

Meanwhile Stephanie, the wife of McCluney, has...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
I love to post, but I never read the article!