Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/08/17/18/17393254-0-image-a-22_1566062890851.jpg
An eight-month baby dugong who became a worldwide internet hit has died after ingesting plastic waste and shock.
The large ocean mammal dugong Marium was first found off southern Thailand earlier this year after she got lost from her mother.
Photos - Biologists - Milk - Sea - Grass
Photos of marine biologists embracing and feeding her with milk and sea grass went viral all over the globe after being uploaded to social media.
But the lovable mammal died last week after she was left bruised by an attack by a male dugong during the mating season, dying of a combination of shock and ingesting plastic.
Autopsy - Amount - Waste - Intestine - Part
Her autopsy showed a big amount of plastic waste in her intestine, which could also have played a part in her death as it led to gastritis and blood infection, according to spokesman Jatuporn Buruspat from Thailand's Department of Marine and Coastal Resources.
Director general Mr Buruspat said: 'We assume she wandered off too far from her natural habitat and was...
Wake Up To Breaking News!