›

Nintendo Switch V2 vs original Switch: Battery life showdown

CNET | 8/17/2019 | Dan Ackerman
Click For Photo: https://cnet1.cbsistatic.com/img/2UV0fycJ2bssOQyrdPFVu9t4XjE=/756x567/2019/08/17/854d34f7-e452-4ee0-98b3-a1966f0eaf30/img-6605.jpg

The Nintendo Switch Lite is still more than a month away, but there's one new piece of Nintendo hardware you can get right now. The so-called V2 version of the dockable Switch has quietly made its way into stores, and some people are even trading in their original hardware for the new model.

The difference between the two versions of the modular Switch is a processor upgrade that promises improved battery life (newer processors are often more power efficient than their predecessors). The new V2 battery claim from Nintendo is 4.5 to 9 hours, vs. 2.5 to 6.5 hours for the first-gen hardware.

Nintendo - Switch - V1 - Hours - Minutes

Nintendo Switch V1: 3 hours 30 minutes

That's a notable improvement, but is it worth selling or trading in your current Switch for a new one? I'd say its doubtful, especially as you'll have to transfer game saves from one system to another, a process Nintendo complicates by deleting the data from the original Switch as part of the transfer process.

Colleague - Ashley - Esqueda - Saves - Part

My colleague Ashley Esqueda did just that, transferring her saves as part of a trade-in right at a retail store. She describes the process (and it's a bit of a hassle) in great detail in this excellent Twitter thread.

I tried something different, transferring the saved content for a single...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CNET
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Democrate or Republican, the difference is less than the thickness of a cigarette paper, or a slice of pastrami at a delicatesean.
Tagged: