FREERANGE FRIDAY: CHANGE, GRIEF, AND GRATEFULNESS

Godspacelight | 8/16/2019 | Staff
finter (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://godspacelight.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/IMG_7880.jpg

For the past two weeks, I’ve been helping our youngest son move cross country from Nashville to Denver. I was recruited to be Uber Driver, Interior Decorator, and most importantly, Dog walker. My son had hip surgery in June so he really needed someone who could help him get settled in his new place and do all the leg work involved in moving, packing, unpacking, etc and helping his German Shepherd, Bane get used to his new environment while my son started school.

I’ve moved a dog cross country before and it takes care and compassion. Like me and many of us, dogs don’t really like change to their environment or their routine. It makes them anxious and uncertain and sometimes causes behavior changes. My son’s dog is champ. He did great on the long drive. We divided it up into three shorter days, that turned out to no to be that short due to everyone needing to stretch and have rest stops on a regular basis.

Bane - Acre - Farm - Rise

Bane has moved from a 92 acre farm to an urban high rise.

When you move from being a country dog to being a city dog you have to learn new things.

Elevator - Order - Door - Nature - Calls

Like waiting for the elevator in order to go outside rather than just running right outside the door when Nature Calls. This can cause problems when your stomach is upset from too many changes all at once!

What were unexpected?

What were planned?

What surprised you most?

Bane - Issues - Changes

Like Bane, maybe you’ve had issues with the changes.

It’s hurt your diet and upset your stomach.

Leash - Season

You cannot run free & off leash in this new season.

You have had to meet different people, and pets, and always be on your good behavior, especially in elevators!

Talk - Time - Changes

Talk to God about where you are right now. Take some time to reflect on the various changes that...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Godspacelight
Wake Up To Breaking News!
I find it extremely funny when people keep voting and expecting the government to change!