Marianne Williamson claims 'powerful forces' in own party are trying to keep her out of debate

Mail Online | 8/9/2019 | Emily Goodin, U.s. Political Reporter For Dailymail.com In Clear Lake, Iowa
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/08/10/03/17116660-0-image-a-4_1565403674808.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/07/31/7964602171145500980/1024x576_MP4_7964602171145500980.mp4

Marianne Williamson told DailyMail.com there's a 'well-strategized' effort on behalf of the 'left' to keep her out of the third Democratic debate.

'There's well-strategized effort to smear me. There's no doubt about that,' she said Friday night at the Iowa Wing Ding dinner, a local party fundraiser.

Kind - Behavior - Rivals

She said she didn't expect that kind of behavior from her Democratic rivals.

'It's very frustrating because I like to think on the left we don't do things like that. So it's been a bit of a wake-up call,' she noted.

Forces - Debate - Something

'But apparently there's some very powerful forces that want to make sure I'm not in that third debate so I must be doing something right if the've worked so hard to create that,' she added.

Williamson, a spiritual leader and author, was a breakout star in the first two debates and was the most googled candidate after the second Democratic confab - even though she received the least amount of speaking time.

Attacks - Character - Race

She said despite the attacks on her character, she's in the race to stay.

Candidates must have 130,000 unique donors and register at least 2 percent support in four polls ahead of the August 28 deadline to make September's debate in House, which will be the third meeting of the Democratic candidates.

Williamson - Donors

Williamson is short 13,000 donors.

'I'm almost at the point of the donors needed and we'll find out in the next week or so whether I've made it in that 2 per cent in those polls and how much effect those two debates have had,' Williamson said.

Smears - Career - Allegations - People - Medication

She also said she was hurt by the smears on her professional career, which includes allegations she is anti-vaccine and has advised people not to take their medication - which she denies.

'I have a 35 year career and I stand on what...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Hell sometimes looks an awful lot like an office cubicle.