College quarterback has suspension lifted after cops mistake cocaine for BIRD POOP

Mail Online | 8/9/2019 | Lauren Edmonds For Dailymail.com
dorkyrocker (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/08/09/22/17109734-0-image-a-22_1565384630006.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/08/09/7971965392126757684/1024x576_MP4_7971965392126757684.mp4

Drug charges have been dropped against the Georgia Southern University starting quarterback after police officers mistook bird poop for cocaine.

Prosecutors in Saluda County, South Carolina told the Savannah Morning News on Thursday that possession of cocaine charge against 21-year-old Shai Werts has been cleared.

Werts - Hometown - Clinton - South - Carolina

Werts was originally arrested in his hometown of Clinton, South Carolina on July 31 after police officers pulled him over for speeding.

He was charged with a misdemeanor for cocaine possession and speeding. Following the news, he was suspended from Georgia Southern University team activities.

Suspension

That suspension has now been lifted.

In dashcam footage of the arrest, officers are tailing behind Werts' 2016 Dodge Charger before pulling him over.

Werts - Car - Officers - Place - Seat

After Werts steps out of his car, officers arrest him and place him in the back seat of the patrol car. Officers then proceed to search Werts car, paying particular attention to the hood.

An officer approaches Werts and asks, 'What's the white stuff on the front of your hood, man?'

Werts - Replies - S**t

To which Werts replies, 'bird s**t'.

The officers don't believe Werts claims and repeatedly ask what the substance on his car hood is.

Officers - Field - Test - Substance - Werts

The officers administrated a field test to verify the substance and told Werts the results were positive.

'I swear to God it's not [bird poo],' the officer says, 'because I just tested it and that turned pink.'

Officers - Substance - Cocaine

Officers tell Werts the substance tested positive for cocaine.

'I have no reason to lie about cocaine,' Werts said, 'I play football. Sir, I don't do...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
A man rises to the greatness that is expected of him.