Irish Leaders Call On Youth Party Leader To Resign For Attending American Conservative Conference

The Federalist | 8/7/2019 | Tristan Justice
applecan (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://thefederalist.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/Irish-Students-at-YAF.jpg

An Irish member of the European Parliament is calling on the youth wing leader of the Fine Gael Party to resign this week for attending a conservative conference for students in Washington, D.C.

MEP Maria Walsh, who was recently elected to the European Parliament in May, said she would be requesting for the Young Fine Gael (YFG) to call on the organization’s president, Killian Foley-Walsh, to resign following Foley-Walsh’s attendance at the National Conservative Student Conference last week put on by the Young America’s Foundation.

Walsh - Problem - Conference - Speakers - Republican

Walsh’s problem? The conference featured many prominent conservative speakers from the Republican Party who oppose abortion and same-sex marriage and included high-ranking officials in the Trump administration, such as Vice President Mike Pence.

“Mr. Foley-Walsh, given his position, should not have aligned with this conference,” Walsh told the Independent, an Irish newspaper. “To support, to commit time, and to offer value by sharing an interest is not a reflection of the other members within YFG, and certainly not my own. I have spoken to several of the YFG members who also share their disappointment and outrage.”

Leaders - Ireland - Party - Walsh - Concerns

Other leaders within Ireland’s largest governing party have also echoed Walsh’s concerns over Foley-Walsh’s trip to D.C.

The party’s Dublin Central candidate Deirdre Duffy announced she would be issuing a complaint to the Fine Gael’s headquarters over the conference, the Independent reported.

Noel - Rock - Official - Fine - Gael

Noel Rock, an official within the Fine Gael told the Independent Foley-Walsh’s attendance was inappropriate given the guest list of speakers.

“I don’t understand how any young person would want to align themselves with the...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Federalist
Wake Up To Breaking News!