Nicolas Cage Talks Holy Grail Searches and Monopoly With Johnny Depp

Variety | 8/7/2019 | BreAnna Bell
Click For Photo: https://pmcvariety.files.wordpress.com/2016/02/nicolas-cage.jpg?w=700&h=393&crop=1

Nicolas Cage is opening up about some wild new life stories.

In a New York Times Magazine profile, the “National Treasure” actor detailed some of his crazier experiences with dangerous king cobras, his friendship with Johnny Depp and a very literal search for the Holy Grail in Rhode Island. See the biggest talking points from the conversation below.

Cage - Pet - King - Cobras - Ghostrider

1. Cage’s pet king cobras inspired his “Ghostrider: Spirit of Vengeance” character after they tried to kill him.

When Cage’s two pet cobras tried to attack him, they didn’t just threaten his life — they also inspired his character in “Ghostrider: Spirit of Vengeance.” As the two snakes prepared to strike, Cage says they swayed from side to side, a motion Cage adopted for Johnny Blaze who does a similar movement before attacking. But don’t worry, he’s since gotten rid of the snakes. “After I told that story on ‘Letterman’ the neighborhood wasn’t too pleased that I had cobras, so I had them re-homed in a zoo,” he said.

Beasts - Sequel - Survive - Johnny - Depp

Can 'Fantastic Beasts' Sequel Survive Johnny Depp?

2. He claims that when he yelled “You talked!” in “Rage,” he was trying to create a Stockhausen effect.

Cage - Scream - Rage - Sentence - Sound

Cage acknowledged the weird prolongued scream he gave in “Rage,” but claims the sentence was meant to sound off. “I was sustaining a vocal sound there, because I was trying to play with Stockhausen and mess up the EQ of my vocal,” he said.

3. He actually didn’t meet Johnny Depp during a game of Monopoly.

Story - Johnny - Depp - Board - Game

He clears up a long rumored story of meeting Johnny Depp over the board game — in reality, the two already knew each other. “He was at the point in his career where he was selling pens or something to get by,” Cage said. “He would take my money and buy cocktails but wouldn’t tell me about it. He...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Variety
Wake Up To Breaking News!