Nashville surgeon Manny Sethi announces GOP U.S. Senate bid

timesfreepress.com | 6/3/2019 | Staff
just-me (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://media.timesfreepress.com/img/photos/2015/04/16/senate1203067693_t1070_h95ae1cfd36ae943fff7784f0937e3defb8cbb551.jpg

Updated at 4:12 p.m. on Monday, June 3, 2019, with more information.

NASHVILLE — Nashville trauma surgeon Manny Sethi announced Monday he is running for the Republican U.S. Senate nomination to replace retiring Sen. Lamar Alexander of Tennessee.

Sethi - Announcement - Gov - Bill - Haslam

Sethi, 41, made the announcement as former Gov. Bill Haslam continues weighing a bid for the 2020 GOP nomination. The physician is playing up his status as a "conservative outsider."

"I am not a politician," Sethi said in an announcement video. "I'm a surgeon, an outsider. I'm a conservative and I support President Trump. Above all, I am grateful to God for a story that could have only have happened right here in Tennessee.

Sign - TimesFreePress - Com - Headlines - News

Sign up to receive daily TimesFreePress.com top headlines and breaking news alerts to your inbox.

The U.S.-born Sethi noted his parents' roots in India. His father immigrated to the U.S. where he practiced for years as a physician in Tennessee.

Sethi - Work - Group - Health - Care

Sethi cited his own work in founding a nonprofit group that provides free preventative health care.

In a written statement, Sethi declared, "I am a product of the American dream. I want to make sure that dream is available to our children and grandchildren." He also said...
(Excerpt) Read more at: timesfreepress.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!