Dem Debates Reveal Fundamental Divide: Should Gov’t Nurture Economy or Displace It Altogether?

CNS News | 8/2/2019 | Staff
entengo (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.cnsnews.com/elizabeth_warren_and_john_delaney_go_to_shake_hands_photo_by_justin_sullivan-getty_images.jpg

One exchange from the first debate in Detroit this week between Democratic Party presidential candidates has already received substantial airplay. Its deeper significance warrants further exploration. The exchange was this one between former Congressman John Delaney and Senator Elizabeth Warren:

Delaney: I think Democrats win when we run on real solutions, not impossible promises, when we run on things that are workable, not fairytale economics. Look at the story of Detroit, this amazing city that we’re in. This city is turning around because the government and the private sector are working well together. That has to be our model going forward. We need to encourage collaboration between the government, the private sector, and the nonprofit sector, and focus on those kitchen-table, pocketbook issues that matter to hard-working Americans: building infrastructure, creating jobs, improving their pay, creating universal health care, and lowering drug prices. We can do it.

Warren - Anybody - Trouble - President - United

Warren: You know, I don't understand why anybody goes to all the trouble of running for president of the United States just to talk about what we really can’t do and shouldn’t fight for. I don’t get it. Our biggest problem in Washington is corruption. It is giant corporations that have taken our government and that are holding it by the throat. And we need to have the courage to fight back against that. And until we’re ready to do that, it’s just more of the same. Well, I’m ready to get in this fight. I’m ready to win this fight.

Delaney: When we created Social Security, we didn’t say pensions were illegal, right? We can have big ideas to transform the lives. I mean, I started two companies and took them public before I was 40. I’m as big of a dreamer and an entrepreneur as anyone. But I also believe we need to have...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CNS News
Wake Up To Breaking News!