Pro Football Hall Of Fame To Welcome Gonzalez, Reed On Saturday

www.oann.com | 8/1/2019 | Staff
tingting2000 (Posted by) Level 3
Ed Reed was considered the premier safety in the NFL during his career. On Saturday, the former Baltimore Ravens ballhawk takes his place among the all-time greats at the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

“It’s a lot to think about,” Reed said of his Gold Jacket moment to come on Saturday, when many anticipate the influential leader will use the stage to discuss football memories and the social issues that drive his post-football passion.

Reed - End - Tony - Gonzalez - Champ

Reed, tight end Tony Gonzalez, cornerbacks Champ Bailey and Ty Law, center Kevin Mawae, and contributors Gil Brandt and Pat Bowlen will be enshrined in Canton, Ohio, at the Hall of Fame induction ceremony. Safety Johnny Robinson is also part of the class, selected as a senior candidate.

A nine-time Pro Bowl pick and the 2004 Defensive Player of the Year, Reed had 64 interceptions, returning seven of them for scores. He forced 11 fumbles, recovered 13 and returned two for touchdowns.

Ravens - Coach - John - Harbaugh - Week

Ravens coach John Harbaugh said this week he considers Reed elite even among Hall of Fame defensive backs.

“You go into the Hall of Fame, you’re a legendary football player. But in my mind, there are levels in the Hall of Fame too,” Harbaugh said. “And I think Ed Reed, it would be hard to argue that he’s not the greatest safety in the history of football, right? He’s one of the top 10 players maybe in the history of the game, in my mind.”

Gonzalez - Leader - Receptions

Gonzalez ranks as the all-time leader in receptions...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.oann.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Woof!