Natasha Lyonne on ‘Being Able to Really Move’ in Her Fashion Choices

Variety | 8/1/2019 | Jasmin Rosemberg
Click For Photo: https://pmcvariety.files.wordpress.com/2019/07/natasha-lyonne-red-carpet-fashion.jpg?w=700&h=393&crop=1

“I learned on ‘Orange Is the New Black’ that there was something about having a uniform and being able to really move,” says three-time Emmy nominee Natasha Lyonne. Her character Nadia in “Russian Doll” — the dark Netflix comedy she co-created — shares her affinity for dark, comfortable clothes with a genderless quality. “I wanted to make sure I wasn’t encumbered by things that would traditionally slow a woman down.”

“In a gown, I’m looking for something that feels almost like my streetwear — but for a night of activity,” says Lyonne, who scored her first nod for portraying inmate Nicky Nichols on “Orange Is the New Black.” Carol Lim and Humberto Leon, then of Kenzo, created this long-sleeved lace dress for the event. “It’s a lot of people stepping on each other’s dresses, so I liked the tea length and the idea of being mobile. And it was black-adjacent, because everyone’s always on my case to move away from black, which I think of as a real classic. So it was a very dark navy, which felt to me like a huge concession.”

Emmy - Year - Lyonne - Vintage - Dress

The following Emmy year, Lyonne wore a vintage black dress that she calls a “big departure.” “I was showing both neck and arms, which was a lot for me,” says Lyonne, who had an extra sartorial challenge. “It needed to pair well with Fred [Armisen], my boyfriend, who was nominated. And he wanted to go as Freddy Krueger. The flashes of fringe at the bottom of the dress really felt like...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Variety
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Governemnt sponsored segratation of America, one household at a time.