Graham Mertz, Jack Coan Talk Wisconsin Quarterback Battle Ahead Of Fall Camp

The Daily Caller | 8/1/2019 | Staff
jster97 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn01.dailycaller.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/Coan-e1556558257591.jpg

View this post on Instagram

This is ‘anti-hesitation’ 🖤

A post shared by Graham Mertz (@graham_mertz5) on

Never give up on your dreams... #StayDangerous

Too blessed to be stressed... #FunZone

Fall camp opens Thursday for the Wisconsin Badgers, and the eyes of the college football world are upon quarterbacks Graham Mertz and Jack Coan.

As we all know, Coan and Mertz are engaged in the biggest quarterback battle in the sport. When it comes to who will start, it’s the main talking point not just in Wisconsin, but in the college football world in general as we await a decision from head coach Paul Chryst. Either way, both quarterbacks sound ready to roll if their number is called.

Mertz - Transition - Battle - Coan - Wisconsin

Mertz said the following about the transition and quarterback battle with Coan, according to the Wisconsin State Journal early Thursday morning:

The biggest thing was just spring ball, graduating early, getting up here. Spring ball came and once you just throw yourself into it and just say, ‘I’m all in. I’m just going to test myself to see how I do,’ that’s when you really grow. I thought it was great for my growth and my aspect on the whole playbook.

Coan - Competition

Coan said the following about the highly-publicized competition:

I’m not really worried about the competition. It’s mainly a competition between me and myself, I feel like. I’ll bet you the other quarterbacks would say the same. It’s really just focusing on how you can improve yourself and maximize each and every play.

Chryst - Lot - Importance - Experience - Position

Chryst also talked a lot about the importance of experience at the position, which he noted the Badgers don’t have much of at all.

You can see his press conference from...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Daily Caller
Wake Up To Breaking News!