Salma Hayek reveals details about Vogue cover shoot for Meghan Markle

Mail Online | 7/31/2019 | Andrew Court For Dailymail.com;Faith Ridler For Mailonline
Cayley1561 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/08/01/03/16746288-0-image-a-69_1564626276143.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/07/29/7088323124180071717/1024x576_MP4_7088323124180071717.mp4

Salma Hayek says she was required to keep her appearance in September's British Vogue a top secret after news that Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex would be guest editing the issue.

Speaking with CNN on Wednesday, the 52-year-old actress revealed she didn't even tell her husband that she was featuring on the front of the fashion bible.

'I - Star

'I couldn't talk about it and I didn't,' the Oscar-nominated star stated.

Salma was one of the 15 'trailblazing' women Meghan asked to put on the cover of her special issue - an honor that left the actress stunned.

Joke - Salma - CNN - Moment - Meghan

'Frankly, I thought it was a joke,' Salma told CNN, reminiscing on the moment that Meghan called her with the request.

'She [Meghan] introduced herself and was very kind and loving and easy going... She said, "I'm not going to be the cover, I'm putting my favorite women on the cover. And you're definitely one of them."'

Salma - 'I - Way

Salma added: 'I was completely shocked. I did not see it coming that way. She started talking about how she's been watching me and why me.'

The Mexican-born star gained Meghan's admiration for working with make-up giant Revlon in order to raise awareness about domestic violence.

Salma - Brand - Pamphlet - Hotline - Number

At Salma's behest, the brand started to include a pamphlet that would feature a hotline number for women in need.

While Salma and Meghan have yet to meet, the Hollywood star says they may soon catch up in secret.

Meghan - British - Vogue - Editor - Edward

She also revealed that Meghan - and British Vogue's editor Edward Enniful - have called to congratulate her on the cover.

'I think we had a connection before we even talked to each other. The shock is that this person had been watching me and I had no idea. It's really beautiful and I really do think that we have a special connection,' Salma stated....
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Would you let a person who could only get a government job run your life? Well don't!