Sir Paul McCartney, 77, reveals he has to be REMINDED how to play Beatles songs

Mail Online | 7/30/2019 | Eve Buckland For Mailonline
kshama-s (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/07/31/01/16699618-0-image-a-131_1564533010110.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/07/23/739836042828336865/1024x576_MP4_739836042828336865.mp4

He is the musical mastermind and creative genius behind countless era-defining hits as part of The Beatles.

But Paul McCartney has revealed he has to relearn many of his hit songs as there are too many for him to retain in his memory.

Mirror - Singer-songwriter - Catalogue - Beatles - Tracks

Speaking to The Mirror, the singer-songwriter, 77, reflected on his extensive back catalogue - with some of The Beatles' early tracks at least 55 years old and Paul working on more than 1,000 tunes in his career.

The star admitted that he has to rely on band members to jog his memory or listen to old recordings, saying: 'I have to re-learn everything. I've written an awful lot, you can't retain them all. We go in rehearsal and I'm, "Oh yeah, that's how it goes".'

Songs - Hey - Jude - Hitmaker - 'I

Asked if he believes the songs are 'pretty good' the Hey Jude hitmaker responded: 'I do, I really do. Some of the old songs you say, "Oh, that's clever, I wouldn't have done that".'

'It's exciting to think that still works. We were a little rock and roll group from Liverpool, it just kept going.'

Days - Paul - Bandmate - Ringo - Starr

In recent days, Paul invited bandmate Ringo Starr onstage to wrap up his Freshen Up world tour in front of 58,000 fans at Dodger Stadium, in Los Angeles.

The rocker also paid tribute to late Beatles star George Harrison by singing Something, as well as John Lennon by performing Here Today.

George - Cancer - John - Fan - Mark

George died of cancer in 2001 aged 58 and John was shot dead aged 40 by deranged fan Mark Chapman.

This comes after an interview with 60 Minutes earlier this year in which Paul, who boasts a whopping 25...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!