Blumhouse’s ‘Fantasy Island’ Movie is All About Creating Modern Fantasies [Exclusive]

/Film | 7/30/2019 | Fred Topel
Click For Photo: https://d13ezvd6yrslxm.cloudfront.net/wp/wp-content/images/Fantasy-Island-movie.jpg

Fantasy Island was a popular TV series with new guest stars every week, as new visitors came to live out their fantasies on that island. Ricardo Montalban and Herve Villechaize were the regulars as the proprietors of the island. For the film adaptation, Blumhouse cast a full slate of Fantasy Island guests, including Michael Rooker, Portia Doubleday and Ryan Hansen.

Hansen was at Hulu’s lunch for the Television Critics Association on Friday, since season 4 of Veronica Mars had just premiered on the streaming service. /Film spoke with Hansen about the Fantasy Island movie and a new TV series he’s pitching with the creator of Ryan Hansen Solves Crimes on Television.

Fantasy - Requests - Guests - Fantasy - Island

The fantasy requests for guests to Fantasy Island have been updated. Or, at least, they’re stuck in the ‘90s for Hansen’s character.

“In my fantasy, I wanted a big pimping MTV Cribs style house, money, ladies, parties, all that kind of stuff,” Hansen said. “That fantasy comes true on Fantasy Island. So we get to live that lifestyle. So for people who don’t have that, like myself, you get to do it.”

Addition - Hansen - Doubleday - Rooker - Fantasy

In addition to Hansen, Doubleday and Rooker, the Fantasy Island movie has a full roster of celebrity guests living out their fantasies. Jimmy O. Yang shares Hansen’s, and there are several more.

“Lucy Hale, Maggie Q has her fantasy,” Hansen said. “Austin Stowell has his.”

Episode - Show - Stories

An episode of the original show would have to focus on one or two stories at most, an A-story and B-story....
(Excerpt) Read more at: /Film
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Does it ever seem that life has become one long rerun?