Democrats Unite To Demonize National Rifle Association During Debate

The Daily Caller | 7/30/2019 | Staff
chrismpotts (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn01.dailycaller.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/demslineup-e1564535755412.jpg

Democratic candidates showed solidarity in opposing the influence of the National Rifle Association (NRA) during Tuesday night’s 2020 Democratic primary debate.

Several candidates responded to the series of questions from CNN anchor Don Lemon by calling out the influence of the NRA on the gun policy debate.

Lemon - Gun - Shootings - Weekend - Gilroy

Lemon brought up gun shootings over the past weekend, including the Gilroy Festival shooting in California Sunday that killed 3 people, asking candidates “what are you going to do to stop this epidemic of gun violence?”

“We decided, you know, that we were going to go out and take on the NRA,” responded former Democratic Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper.

WATCH

WATCH:

Democratic Minnesota Sen. Amy Klobuchar chimed in against the gun-rights group next:

NRA - President - United - States - Day

“This is about the NRA. I sat across from the president of the United States … the next day he goes and he meets with the NRA and he folds,” she said.

Lemon then went on to ask Democratic Montana Gov. Steve Bullock about his changing position on the assault weapons ban.

Senator - Klobuchar - Bullock - Response - NRA

“I agree with Senator Klobuchar,” Bullock said during his response. “It is the NRA. And it’s not just gun violence … is captured by dark money, the...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Daily Caller
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Sometimes I Wake Up Grumpy. Other Times I Let Her Sleep