Firefighters try to rescue trapped man from incoming tide

Mail Online | 7/28/2019 | George Martin For Mailonline
Fubu_chik (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/07/28/23/16608316-0-image-a-55_1564353367982.jpg

A man has been saved from drowning off the Norfolk coast after a dramatic five-hour rescue operation in which emergency services sawed through a rock to rescue him.

The unnamed person got stuck between two rocks in the sea near Sheringham, Norfolk while the tide was coming in on Sunday evening.

Emergency - Services - RNLI - Crews - Coastguard

Emergency services were called just after 5.30pm and RNLI crews were dispatched alongside Coastguard Rescue Teams and ambulances.

They later confirmed he had been saved after spending five hours in the water.

Spokesperson - Coastguard - Crews - Man - Head

A spokesperson for the Coastguard earlier said crews were assisting the man by holding his head above the water and gave him breathing apparatus and a life jacket.

Stuart Facey, who was walking his dog when the Coastguard arrived, said: 'I saw someone obviously stuck in the rocks, it was high tide and water was coming over him so it was a very scary situation.'

People - Cavities - Rocks - Problem - Rock

'I've seen people climb into the cavities in the rocks and the problem is that even if you are able to move a rock...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!