Cara Delevingne, Orlando Bloom Discuss Immigrant Themes in ‘Carnival Row’

Variety | 7/27/2019 | Will Thorne
Click For Photo: https://pmcvariety.files.wordpress.com/2017/03/cara-delevingne.jpg?w=700&h=393&crop=1

Cara Delevingne and Orlando Bloom, the two leads of the upcoming Amazon fantasy series “Carnival Row,” discussed the show’s immigrant themes at Amazon’s Television Critics Association press tour.

“It really looks at the fear that people have. I think there’s so much fear in the world today about immigrants, migrants, how are they going to come into our society,” Bloom said.

Delevingne - Fear - Government - Revealing - Show

Delevingne added that she believes “that fear is from the government,” revealing that the show creates its own version of the British parliament and will feature fictionalized debate scenes on immigration.

The actors touched on the sex in the show and how it relates to the subject of immigrants. Delevingne plays a member of the faerie population, many of whom turn to sex work to “support their families,” according to Bloom.

World - Today - Actor

“It’s tragic and it’s true and it happens in the world today,” the actor said.

“If you miss the sexy element where’s the light at all,” Delevingne aded. “It’s not objectifying at all, it’s beautiful and it’s amazing.”

Panel - Series - Producer - Marc - Guggenheim

Later in the panel, the series’ showrunner-executive producer Marc Guggenheim weighed in on the WGA-ATA stalemate and how it affected “Carnival Row.”

'Transparent' Creator Jill Soloway on Musical Finale: 'This Was Our Chance to Heal'

Amazon - Studios - Chief - Viewer - Strategy

Amazon Studios Chief on Viewer Strategy, Talent Deals and Another Season of 'Fleabag'

“I want to see the stalemate resolved, I want us to get back into the room to negotiate,” Guggenheim began. “We were able to staff up the second season without agents…but agents do a lot more than simply submit writing samples to showrunners…We can get by without agents for...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Variety
Wake Up To Breaking News!
I'm not always cranky, sometimes I'm actually running!