Mueller Hearing Is a Disaster For the Ages

Townhall | 7/25/2019 | Staff
shardonay (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://media.townhall.com/townhall/reu/s1280x720/2019/205/53e8e5e9-56eb-4b3f-aea4-d1881b94039e.png

After Mueller Debacle, Where Do Democrats Go?

Here’s the investigation we need now: a blue-ribbon panel revealing who in the world thought Robert Mueller’s testimony would be a good idea.

Jerry - Nadler - Adam - Schiff - Chairs

Was it Jerry Nadler and Adam Schiff, the chairs of the two committees that dragged this poor man through this needless ****? Was it Speaker Nancy Pelosi, in a last-ditch effort to gin up a narrative for impeachment? It surely was championed by the media culture as a day of history, a high-stakes moment in time that would surely resonate.

Well, it resonated, all right, echoing across a landscape filled with expectations based on political interests. President Trump’s supporters expected a validation of their dismissal of the Mueller probe as an empty exercise. His enemies breathlessly sought, at long last, something to bolster their years of telling us that his downfall is just around the corner.

Media - Office - Hope - Mueller - Testimony

Many of those in media and elected office who had pinned so much hope on Mueller’s testimony sat crestfallen before their Twitter screens, forced to admit that the movie was not in fact better than the book. That snappy line encapsulated what all the smart kids said would happen: the issues described in the dry pages of the report would spring to life, they assured us, with the words of the man who would reveal the sordid truths of this lawless president.

Those words instead fell lifeless to the committee room floor, often in the form of non-answers, confused meanderings and sad befuddlement. I expected the Mueller performance to fall miles short of the left’s lofty hopes. I did not expect it to be such a pathetic showing that I felt profoundly sorry for him.

Empathy - Limits - Man - America - Years

But my empathy has its limits. This is still the man who willfully dragged America through years of unnecessary and expensive drama. He is still...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Townhall
Wake Up To Breaking News!