Craig Groeschel on Church Asset Allocation – It’s More Important Than You Think!

ChurchLeaders | 7/25/2019 | Staff
leeann77 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://churchleaders-eszuskq0bptlfh8awbb.stackpathdns.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/church-asset-allocation-craig-groeschel.jpg

So you’re probably thinking that church asset allocation is a technical topic designated to be discussed by your finance committee and avoided at all costs by you, right? I get it. But when it comes down to it, this is a stewardship topic. This is a mission topic. And those two things should be on your mind as a leader. I attended the North American Christian Convention in Kansas City where Craig Groeschel was the featured speaker at the pre-conference leadership session. Needless to say, I made sure I could be there for his talk.

Because not only is Craig a great communicator, he is a great leader. If you’ve ever been to a Catalyst One Day event, you know about his leadership wisdom. Or if you’ve listened to his leadership podcast, you’ve benefitted from his insight tremendously.

Bit - Rabbit - Trail - Church - Asset

So when he, in a bit of a rabbit trail, brought up how important church asset allocation in the local church is, I paid attention. In episode 173 of the Carey Nieuwhof Leadership Podcast, Craig dove into asset/resource allocation in the local church even more. Do yourself a favor and listen to that interview. Toward the tail end is where he dives into asset allocation.

When he addressed the same topic over two episodes of his leadership podcast, I made sure I listened (Part 1, Part 2). Why is this important? Because ministry expansion requires assets/resources to be available to invest in that expansion. And considering the fact that Life Church is the largest church in North America, I think they’re on to something with ministry expansion.

Craig - Curtain - Church - Assets - Year

Craig pulled back the curtain on how Life Church allocates their assets each year in order to create margin so that when ministry expansion is possible, it can happen quickly – without loans and without capital campaigns.

Here it is:

When...
(Excerpt) Read more at: ChurchLeaders
Wake Up To Breaking News!