›

Man Dies From Flesh-Eating Bacteria After Texas Gulf Coast Fishing Trip

Rare | 7/25/2019 | Silke Jasso
hubbog (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://coxrare.files.wordpress.com/2019/07/rare-32-2.jpg?w=1200&h=627&crop=1







Bad news Texans, it looks like flesh-eating bacteria is heading your way. A family of an elderly San Marcos man wants to warn others of the dangers of swimming in Texas waters after he died last month following a fishing trip on the Texas Gulf Coast. 78-year-old Jerry Sebak died on June 25 after contracting vibrio vulnificus. He was on a family vacation in Palacios, when his daughter, Kim Sebek, noticed he started to become disoriented and shaky.

The family immediately took him to a nearby hospital to be treated for what they initially thought could have been heat exhaustion. After 27 hours of being in the emergency room, his family took him to a Victoria hospital where he was immediately diagnosed with vibrio and underwent surgery. The Texas man unfortunately died.

CDC - Infection - Symptoms - Fasciitis - Fever

According to the CDC, the infection spreads quickly. Early symptoms of necrotizing fasciitis include fever and a swollen or red area of the skin that causes severe pain including pain beyond the area of the skin that is swollen and causes fever.

The man’s death comes after a study was released by Environment Texas, where they found that 85 percent of texas beaches had water pollution levels in 2018 that could put swimmers at risk of becoming sick. Research stated that 4 out of 5 Texas beaches had unsafe levels of fecal bacteria in the water.

Human - Contact - Water - Gastrointestinal

Human contact with the contaminated water can result in gastrointestinal...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Rare
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Sign In or Register to comment.

Welcome to Long Room!

Where The World Finds Its News!