Same-Sex Relationships: Responding To The Rainbow—Pride Should Remind Us That This Is Still The Day Of Salvation & Motivate Us In Evangelism

The Aquila Report | 7/24/2019 | Staff
kimberly163 (Posted by) Level 3
Every time we see the rainbow it ought to remind us that this is the day of salvation, and to motivate us to urgency in evangelism. Our task is to urge men and women to be reconciled to God while there is still time, because we know that this era of grace will not last forever. Jesus will return to bring final judgement, but today there is both hope and opportunity. The rainbow ought to remind us to take pride in the Lord Jesus and the gospel as we “boast” in him rather than in ourselves.

Last week I was in London for the Evangelical Ministry Assembly. I was struck by the ubiquity of rainbow imagery to coincide with Pride month. The tunnel at St Pancras station was lit like a rainbow, and a flight of stairs at Victoria were decorated with rainbow colours. Shop displays and advertising posters were heralding their “gay friendly” credentials. Marks & Spencer were selling an LBGT sandwich combining chicken, tomato and avocado.

Festival - Rights - Gay - Lifestyle - Christians

As a Christian it is hard to know how to respond to this new secular festival that demands that we celebrate both gay civil rights and the gay lifestyle. It is all too easy for Christians to respond in a knee-jerk way with anger and frustration at how radically our society has changed in the last few years. However, I think we need to stand back and reflect more carefully on how we ought to feel and respond. What would Jesus do if he were to walk into a city celebrating Gay Pride?

On reflection I have a variety of feelings and responses to Pride:

I feel alienated.

The overwhelming public support for Pride and what it stands for leaves me feeling an outsider in my own culture in a way that would not have been the...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Aquila Report
Wake Up To Breaking News!