A La Carte (July 24)

Tim Challies | 7/24/2019 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://www.challies.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/ALaCarte-NewspaperScript_2b-WED-940x492-1.jpg

I’ve been on an overnight flight (Good morning, Amsterdam!), so did not have much time to look for Kindle deals. I did pull out at least a couple, though.

Kevin DeYoung writes about the busy (or not-so-busy) life of Jesus: “He was busy, but never in a way that made Him frantic, anxious, irritable, proud, envious, or distracted by lesser things. When all Capernaum waited for His healing touch, He left for a desolate place to pray.”

Kathryn - Butler - Letter - Children - Decisions

Kathryn Butler has a helpful letter for children who are facing end-of-life decisions for a parent.

I thoroughly enjoyed this one. “This month we crammed the full sum of our belongings into eleven 52.0 pound (23.6 kg) suitcases and plastic tubs (not counting carry ons or the cat) and threw the whole heavy bit on an airplane so we could (once again) call ourselves expatriates. Two years ago we took a strikingly similar trip in an airplane going the other direction so we could call ourselves repatriates.”

This all sounds rather compelling, to be honest.

Melissa Edgington: “Glamour claims that this moment is a ‘mood.’ Others have called it an inspiration and a battle cry for women everywhere. I suppose for once in my life I would have to agree with Glamour. I do see Megan’s declaration as...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Tim Challies
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Conservatives are to the GOP what oil is to water, and the GOPe spend most of their time skimming it off or setting it on fire.
Tagged: