‘Loud Krazy Love’ Reminds Us Following God Is Hard…But Still Good

ChurchLeaders | 7/23/2019 | Staff
hubbog (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://churchleaders-eszuskq0bptlfh8awbb.stackpathdns.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/loud-krazy-love-brian-welch.jpg

Brian “Head” Welch of nu metal band Korn has been open about his story for a while now, but the documentary, Loud Krazy Love, explores the brokenness of his life in greater detail than he has previously shared. The film, which focuses on his relationship with his daughter, highlights the incredible mercy God has on all of us, even those who seem impossibly far from Him.

“You know, God allows things to come into your life to feel like it’s crushing you because it squeezes out all of the impurities. That’s how you get cleaned in your soul. I see that now,” says Welch, reflecting on his journey. But when we go through hard times, Welch says it’s like God is saying, “If you could just hang on there, just hang to watch what I do, I’m going to restore all things.”

Brokenness - Loud - Krazy - Love - Partnership

All of us are broken, but many of us are unwilling to be truthful about just how deep that brokenness goes. Loud Krazy Love, which was created in partnership with I Am Second, pulls few punches, taking a raw look at the life Welch was leading both before and after leaving Korn, and the impact his choices had on his daughter, Jennea, as she grew up.

Welch’s parents, Phil and Maryellen, say he was “normal kid” and Welch says he had a “normal family,” but his time in Korn during the band’s heyday was anything but normal. Korn was wildly successful in the 1990s and the band members lived the stereotypical rockstar lifestyle, constantly touring and partying every night. Bass player Reginald “Fieldy” Arvizu says it was “the ultimate wave, everything you could ever want.” They were on TV all the time, selling out arenas, and making tons of money. But Welch says he was merely playing a role: “I...
(Excerpt) Read more at: ChurchLeaders
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: