8 ways to rationalize sin from 'The Bachelorette'

www.christianpost.com | 7/23/2019 | Staff
cv2angels (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.christianpost.com/files/original/thumbnail/23/21/232184.png

8 ways to rationalize sin from 'The Bachelorette'

Facebook Twitter Email Menu Comment

School - Study - Women - Journalism - Program

When I was in graduate school, I participated in a Bible study with three other women in my journalism program. We were the lone Christians in a very secular environment. And having their support and encouragement was extremely important to me.

Yet my relationship with one of them ended in an instant.

Woman - Boyfriend - Issue - Sin - Scriptures

I discovered that this woman was sleeping with her boyfriend. And I remember wanting to just ignore the issue. But I felt compelled to confront her sin because of Scriptures like Galatians 6:1, which says, “. . . (I)f someone is caught in a sin, you who live by the Spirit should restore that person gently.”

I can’t remember what I said to this friend or how I said it. But I remember vividly her response. Her face turned red and angry and she accused me of judging her. She also said she thought our Bible study was a “welcoming” environment, but clearly it was only for “perfect” Christians. She then cut off our relationship and never returned to our Bible study.

Stung - Lot - Guilt - Rejection - Feelings

That stung. A lot. And I remember wrestling with guilt, rejection, and feelings of failure afterwards.

But over the past three decades, I’ve found that anger, condemnation, and blame-shifting is a typical response when a believer confronts another believer (or even a Christian institution) about his or her sin. Yet, I’ve never seen this dynamic played out on national TV—until recently.

Interaction - Bachelorette - TV - Show - Parker

The interaction happened on “The Bachelorette” TV show and involved two contestants—Luke Parker and Hannah Brown, both of whom profess to be Christians. And though I dislike this show for its voyeurism and immorality and have never watched an episode, I found the two contestants' interaction, which I saw in the clip below, to be incredibly revealing.

In the clip,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.christianpost.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Settled law: one party can't change a contract. Now if the Government, citizens and the Consstitution...