The Bachelorette Men Tell All Recap: Lukey, You Have Some 'Splaining to Do

TVGuide.com | 7/22/2019 | Liam Mathews
Click For Photo: https://cimg.tvgcdn.net/i/r/2019/07/23/97a849e3-91f9-432a-90d5-ae100b1c8178/thumbnail/1300x867/6590fc7fd9b27d4357714b40528b2792/190722-the-bachelorette.jpg

This week's The Bachelorette was the dreaded Men Tell All. I say "dreaded" because I was full of dread for how much Luke I was about to be subjected to. Hannah Brown would be great, but there might be too much anger and too little resolution for this to be good TV. And it was indeed very Luke-heavy, but it was pretty tolerable.

The episode started with a replay of Luke and Hannah's breakup from last week, to set the tone of how much this show would be about Luke. Then we cut to Chris Harrison in the studio. He said this would be a very different Men Tell All, and instead of introducing the guys right away, we'd see what happened the morning after the breakup, as the three remaining guys arrived for the rose ceremony. Jed was wearing a brown suit. The guys didn't yet know that Hannah had sent Luke home. "I'm so glad that Luke is finally gone and I never have to see him again." WRONG!

Cut - Luke - Van - Ceremony - Hannah

Cut to Luke in a van back to the rose ceremony, saying that Hannah was making a big mistake breaking up with him and he knew she was still in love with him and he was going to show her how serious he was by proposing to her. He joined the other guys in the lineup like he was supposed to be there, to gasps and laughter from the studio audience. Hannah was in for a terrible surprise.

She walked to where the men were waiting, and Luke stepped forward. "Why are you here?" she said, disgusted. He said he had some things he needed to say to her, and Hannah said "I'm about to go psycho, so please leave." He said he needed clarity and closure. Bro, she already sent you...
(Excerpt) Read more at: TVGuide.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
No matter where you go, there you are.