‘Bachelorette’ Hannah Brown on Combating Misogyny in Front of Millions: ‘I’m So Over Being **** Shamed’

Variety | 7/22/2019 | Anna Tingley
Click For Photo: https://pmcvariety.files.wordpress.com/2019/07/152714_7120.jpg?crop=0px,185px,3000px,1690px&resize=700,393

SPOILER ALERT: Do not read if you have not yet watched “The Bachelorette: Men Tell All” that aired Monday, July 22.

“The Bachelorette” Hannah Brown says that she’s proud of a lot of things she’s done on-screen this season, but she feels most gratified knowing that she was able to inspire millions of girls to combat misogyny in their relationships.

Hurt - Times - Show - Something - Experience

“I’m proud that the hurt and hard times I had on the show was all for something because I was able to use my experience and use that tattle voice for women who don’t have a platform,” she told Variety during the taping of “The Bachelorette: The Men Tell All” reunion in Los Angeles, Calif.

During this season of “The Bachelorette,” Luke Parker gave Brown an ultimatum during their fantasy suite date: He said he would leave her if she chose to have sex with anyone before the show wrapped (and ultimately, before marriage). She swiftly called him out for **** shaming her, telling him that she has every right to have sex with whomever she pleases. Before he left, she proudly told him that she had indeed already had sex on the show, memorably saying, “I didn’t just go to the fantasy suite, I f—ed in a windmill. And guess what, we did it a second time.”

Experience - Luke - Lot - Women - Luke

“My experience with Luke is one that is familiar to a lot of women and so, me speaking to Luke is a lot of women speaking to other men that have treated them similarly,” she said. “That’s what I’m really proud of — to have that moment to say what a lot of women deal with every day and wish they could say, or maybe now will have the strength or confidence to say because they know they can.”

Brown continued to stand by her...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Variety
Wake Up To Breaking News!
A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a Government intervention.