It’s hard to be confident when you feel overlooked

Ann Voskamp | 7/22/2019 | Staff
kshama-s (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://live.staticflickr.com/5782/22434269719_eb690ddb0c_b_d.jpg

have a really hard time with stories of miraculous healing.

It’s not because I don’t believe it happened to that person, it’s not that I don’t believe it’s possible, and it’s not because I don’t believe God can—and does—heal when He wants to.

Confidence

“It’s hard to keep your confidence when you feel overlooked.”

It’s just that it hasn’t happened in my life.

God - People - Way - People

When God gives to other people in a way He hasn’t given to you, it’s easy to feel left out, and it’s hard to want to hear how good He has been to other people.

When miracles are happening around me, sometimes the sovereignty card is a hard one to hold.

Confidence

It’s hard to keep your confidence when you feel overlooked.

Has this ever happened to you?

Place - Miracles - God

Perhaps you’re in this place right now, where miracles are happening all around you while you’ve been asking God for one.

Maybe someone you love is ill with cancer, paralysis, or dementia.

Place - Miracles - God

“Perhaps you’re in this place right now, where miracles are happening all around you while you’ve been asking God for one.”

Maybe you or someone you love is dealing with depression, bipolar disorder, a different mental disability, or thoughts of suicide, and you’re asking God to heal their mind and lift that oppression from them and from you.

Sorrow - Infidelity - Infertility - Miscarriage - Heartbreak

Maybe you live with the sorrow of infidelity or infertility, or maybe you’re recovering from a miscarriage or the unspeakable heartbreak of losing a child.

Maybe you’re reeling with unwanted singleness. Perhaps you know how pervasive loneliness can be, especially inside a difficult marriage.

Crisis - Failure - Conflict - Family - Loss

Maybe you’re aching over a financial crisis, an embarrassing failure, an ongoing conflict in your family, a loss of reputation, or a prodigal child you wish would come home.

Maybe you wish your parents would get back together or stop fighting.

Depression

Maybe you wish your depression would go away, or you could stop...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Ann Voskamp
Wake Up To Breaking News!