‘Jay and Silent Bob Reboot’ Panel Got Meta as Kevin Smith Presented Clips [Comic-Con 2019]

/Film | 10/15/2019 | Vanessa Armstrong
Click For Photo: https://d13ezvd6yrslxm.cloudfront.net/wp/wp-content/images/Jay-and-Silent-Bob-Reboot-Kevin-Smith-Jason-Mewes.jpg

It wouldn’t be Comic-Con without a panel from filmmaker, television director, comic writer, and pop culture influencer Kevin Smith. However, this year didn’t just have the Clerks, Mallrats, Chasing Amy and Dogma director gabbing away and telling showbiz stories.

At Comic-Con, the Kevin Smith Reboots Hall H panel debuted some clips for the filmmaker’s forthcoming comedy Jay and Silent Bob Reboot, a sequel/reboot of Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back. Plus, he also debuted a scene from the film showcasing the movie within the movie: Bluntman v Chronic, clearly taking a cue from Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. Find out what we learned from the Jay and Silent Bob Reboot Comic-Con panel presentation below.

Smith - Hall - H - Q - A

Smith has been holding a regular Hall H Q&A session for years. In the past, the sessions have been a casual affair, with the filmmaker taking questions and talking about whatever comes to mind. This year, however, was a little bit different: Smith, his daughter and actor Harley Quinn Smith, longtime pal Jason Mewes, as well as Supergirl’s Melissa Benoist came out on stage to answer questions about Smith’s new movie.

“Usually I just come here to promote ****, and now I have something of my own!” Smith told the crowd after acknowledging the difficulty of going on after the Marvel panel, where a maelstrom of announcements almost broke Hall H. After paying homage to Marvel, however, Smith went on to show the trailer as well as two never-publicly-shown clips from his upcoming movie, which he says is not only a spoof on reboots, but a film full of meta jokes and a more personal tale of what it’s like to become a father.

Meta - Joke - Number - Jay - Daughter

Meta Joke Number 1: “Jay’s daughter is my daughter!”

“At first, I said I wanted to let me see if I can do a...
(Excerpt) Read more at: /Film
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Don't believe everything you think...