‘Supernatural’ Cast Says Goodbye in Bittersweet Farewell Panel [Comic-Con 2019]

/Film | 10/14/2019 | Vanessa Armstrong
Click For Photo: https://d13ezvd6yrslxm.cloudfront.net/wp/wp-content/images/Supernatural-SDCC.jpg

“Can we all just start crying so I don’t feel so weird?” Jared Padelecki said at the beginning of this year’s Supernatural panel at San Diego Comic-Con. It was an emotional time not only for him and the others on stage, but also for the fans in the Hall H audience. After a staggering 15 seasons and numerous Comic-Con appearances, Supernatural is coming to an end.

Padelecki, who plays Sam Winchester on the show, was joined by fellow actors Jensen Ackles (Dean Winchester), Misha Collins (Castiel), and Alexander Calvert (Jack), along with executive producers Robert Singer, Andrew Dabb, Eugenie Ross-Leming, Brad Buckner, and Bob Berens on stage. Richard Speight Jr. and Rob Benedict, who play Gabriel and God/Chuck, respectively, were there as well, taking on the role of co-moderators again. And while everyone still cracked jokes with one another, there was a bittersweet mood in the air.

Time… - Ackles - Words - Show - Years

“It’s a long time…” Ackles said, trying to put into words what the show meant to him over the years. “We hooked it up to Vancouver, thinking we’d just put our lives on hold and just press pause for maybe a season, maybe two…and it never got un-paused, and I’m very thankful it didn’t, because it’s been quite a ride. It’s hard to express what we’re going to take away from that. We’re lifelong friends and had experiences of a lifetime.”

Other panelists echoed Ackles’ comments. “I consider these guys lifelong friends, and I know none of you like me,” Collins joked before turning more serious. “But I could never have dreamed that along with that would come this incredible fandom, and this iconic legacy of a show. It feels like a great honor to be a part of it.”

Panel - Store

The panel also talked about what they thought would be in store for the final...
(Excerpt) Read more at: /Film
Wake Up To Breaking News!
It just doesn't get bettere than this...