Nolte: ‘Cats’ Trailer Hit with Worst Backlash in Hollywood History

Breitbart | 7/19/2019 | John Nolte
Click For Photo: https://media.breitbart.com/media/2019/07/catstrailers1-640x335.jpg

In all the decades I’ve been watching the movie business, never before have I seen such an overwhelmingly negative backlash to a movie trailer. In fact, I’ve never seen anything close to the unified revulsion toward the upcoming musical Cats.

W.

T

T.

F?

Movie - Release - Christmas - King - Speech

The movie, which is scheduled for release this Christmas and directed by The King’s Speech Oscar-winner Tom Hooper (Les Miserables), is based on Andrew Lloyd Webber’s 1981 Broadway smash of the same name. The stage production currently ranks as the fourth longest-running Broadway show in history, nearly 7500 performances, and was successfully revived in 2016 for 563 performances.

Why adapt it as nightmare fuel?

Cats - Stage - Funky - Vulgar - Thing

This is what Cats looked like on stage: a funky, garish, vulgar, audacious thing that was perfect for theater in the go-go 80s.

The reactions to the three-minute trailer have been nothing short of hilarious, much more entertaining than the trailer itself:

People - Sonic - Trailer - Looks - Bad

“People – Sonic Trailer Looks Bad; Cat’s Trailer – Hold My Catnip.”

“So this is what the people in Bird Box were seeing…”

Footage - Elon - Musk - Attempt - Cat

“Leaked footage of Elon Musk’s failed first attempt at creating cat girls.”

“Even furries reject this. Think about that. You monsters created something THAT EVEN FURRIES REJECT.”

Hollywood… - Just

“Hollywood….. Just because you can, doesn’t mean you should.”

“Excited for a high school kid with a flashlight to politely ask me to leave for laughing so loud.”

IS - HAPPENIIIIIING

“WHAT. IS. HAPPENIIIIIING? (I’m scared)”

“If the cats are going to have ****, they should have six ****. And the song Jennifer Hudson screams her way through should be called...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Breitbart
Wake Up To Breaking News!