Fired Christian doctor warns trans agenda being 'pushed' on society

www.christianpost.com | 7/19/2019 | Staff
jenny124124 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.christianpost.com/files/original/thumbnail/23/21/232112.jpg

Facebook Twitter Email Print Menu Comment

A Christian physician in Britain who lost his job after he said he would refuse to call a bearded man who is six feet tall "madam” has warned that his case indicates Christians could be on “the verge of committing a hate crime for simply using the wrong pronoun.”

Dr - David - Mackereth - Emergency - Doctor

Dr. David Mackereth, who had worked as an emergency doctor for the National Health Service for 26 years, claimed during a recent tribunal he was removed from his job with the Department of Work and Pensions in late June 2018 over his religious convictions.

In a recent interview with The Daily Mail, the doctor warned the outcome of his case could have significant legal implications for all Christians — and especially those in the medical profession.

Someone - Male - Mrs - Question - Patients

“Someone who presents quite obviously as male is entitled to say ‘Call me Mrs’ or ‘Call me she,’ but the question is, am I legally obliged to do that? And if you are legally obliged to refer to patients in a way your conscience does not allow, does that mean you are no longer fit to be a doctor?” he asked.

“This case is all about whether I am legally clear to say — on the grounds of my religious conscience — No, I can’t call you ‘she’ or ‘he,’ not because I want to hurt you or don’t accept you, but because my Christian convictions simply won’t allow me to do that.”

Mackereth - Words - Manner - Renders - Meaningless

Mackereth warned that redefining words like “he” and “she” and using them in an arbitrary manner renders them meaningless.

“Add to that the legal sanctions if you misgender someone, and I believe we have a very complicated and troubling problem on our hands,” he said. “We could be on the verge of committing a hate crime for simply using the...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.christianpost.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: