5 Things to Watch this Weekend, from ‘The Farewell’ to ‘Veronica Mars’

IndieWire | 7/19/2019 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://www.indiewire.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/the-farewell-movie-sundance.jpg

Welcome to the IndieWire Watch List, a weekly feature that takes everything the site’s critics and editors are currently obsessed with and collects it all together in one place. From the best new movies and shows to can’t-miss streaming content and whatever else we can’t get out of our heads, consider this your one-stop shop for what to watch this weekend.

This week’s highlights are facing a litter box full of stiff competition from that life-altering “Cats” trailer, but are more than worthy of your time if you’re able to pull yourself away from digital fur-enhanced Judi Dench for a few minutes (easier said than done). Lulu Wang’s “The Farewell,” a sensation at Sundance earlier this year and now a bonafide box office smash, is expanding to cities across the country, and is an unmissable film.

Things - Weekend

Here are five great things to check out this weekend:

“David Crosby: Remember My Name”

Read - IndieWire - Review - David - Crosby

Read IndieWire’s full review of “David Crosby: Remember My Name.”

“Negative Space”

Kristen - Bell - Veronica - Mars

Kristen Bell, “Veronica Mars”

“Veronica Mars” is back yet again with the detective series’ second revival, thanks to Hulu. But it’s been 12 years since creator Rob Thomas’ original series ended and five years since the Kickstarter-funded sequel film. As such, the plucky teenage P.I. has grown, and so have the stakes. “Veronica Mars” has dealt with grim subject matter before — it all began with the murder of a teenage girl, after all — but this new eight-episode limited series that serves as a fourth season is far darker and more melancholy.

Chrissie - Hynde - Cover - Dandy - Warhol

Even Chrissie Hynde’s new cover of the Dandy Warhol’s original theme song feels extra poignant and haunting as she sings:

But I haven’t thought of you lately at all.

Nostalgia - Remorse - Veronica - Mars - Helluva

But it’s not all nostalgia and remorse. “Veronica Mars” has always been a helluva good time, delivering humor, cleverness, and action in equal measure. Newcomers...
(Excerpt) Read more at: IndieWire
Wake Up To Breaking News!