Sen. Rand Paul: Only 10 to 15 Senators Care About the Deficit

CNS News | 7/19/2019 | Staff
shuadah (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.cnsnews.com/rand-paul-alex_wong.jpg

(CNSNews.com) - "There's only about 10 to 15 people in the Senate who care about the deficit," Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) said on Thursday. And he's foremost among them.

This week, Paul and Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah) delayed passage of a bill to permanently reauthorize the 9/11 Victim Compensation Fund by asking for a vote on an amendment to offset the $10.2 billion cost.

Paul - Heap - Scorn - Vitriol - Jon

That earned Paul a heap of scorn and vitriol from comedian Jon Stewart, who has lobbied hard for the bill that provides compensation for survivors or first responders caught up in the 9/11 terror attacks or the clean-up effort.

"Look, I know Jon Stewart," Sen. Paul told Fox News's Neil Cavuto on Thursday.

Jon - Stewart - Case

And Jon Stewart is sometimes funny, sometimes informed. But, in this case, he's neither funny, nor informed.

I have spent my entire Senate career putting forward pay-fors for any time spending is expanded. As soon ago as two weeks ago, I put forward a pay-for, for the border funding. I put forward a pay-for the disaster funding. I do this on every new bit of funding.

Sort - Exposes - Left-winger - Part - Mob

So he's really not informed. And his name-calling just sort of exposes him as a left-winger, part of the left-wing mob that really isn't using his brain and is willing to call people names.

Paul said he's simply wants the extension of the 9/11 fund to be offset by spending cuts elsewhere: "It doesn't actually reduce the deficit. It just keeps the deficit from getting bigger. It's a very reasonable thing. I have done it dozens and dozens of times, including on the tax bill," he said.

Stewart - Paul - Vote - Bill - Paul

Stewart has criticized Paul's vote for the tax-cut bill, but Paul said at the time he voted for it, that bill also included a pay-for.

"The left-wing mob says, oh, but you're for tax cuts, but you're not doing...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CNS News
Wake Up To Breaking News!