‘His Dark Materials’ Comic-Con Trailer: HBO’s Newest Fantasy Series Looks Big and Bold

/Film | 7/18/2019 | Ben Pearson
n.king (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://d13ezvd6yrslxm.cloudfront.net/wp/wp-content/images/His-Dark-Materials-polar-bear.jpg

Like a rebound after a breakup, HBO is hoping that its small screen adaptation of Philip Pullman‘s beloved fantasy series His Dark Materials will be able to fill the hole that Game of Thrones has left in its wake. And while matching the most popular TV show in history is a tall order for any new show, the good news is that His Dark Materials actually looks like it has such a richly-drawn fantasy world – and a big enough budget – that it might actually be able to hold its own.

The San Diego Comic-Con panel for the series is happening right now, but HBO has already shared a brand new His Dark Materials Comic-Con trailer that looks even more impressive than what we’d previously seen from this series. Check it out below.

Pullman - Novels - Hunks - James - McAvoy

I have not read Pullman’s novels, but I must admit that I am totally here for hunks like James McAvoy and Lin-Manuel Miranda cruising around in great outfits,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: /Film
Wake Up To Breaking News!