‘Marvel’s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.’ To End After Season 7 On ABC – Comic-Con

Deadline | 7/18/2019 | Staff
Kota79Kota79 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://pmcdeadline2.files.wordpress.com/2019/07/shield-group-pic.jpg?w=1024

EXCLUSIVE: Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. will end after its upcoming seventh season.

“When you know that’s what you’re doing, you can take greater risks, of life and death,” Marvel TV boss Jeph Loeb says of the conclusion of ABC’s Clark Gregg-led superspy series, which is currently in the last weeks of its explosive sixth season. “Those kinds of decisions suddenly now are real on the table because you’re not playing how do we undo this when we get to the next season. You’re playing that this is going to be the end of the story.”

Presence - Comic-Con - Decade - Loeb - Gregg

A regular and often circumspect presence at Comic-Con over the past decade, Loeb will be joining Gregg, fellow cast members Ming-Na Wen, Chloe Bennet, Elizabeth Henstridge, Iain De Caestecker, Henry Simmons, Natalia Cordova-Buckley and Jeff Ward in S.H.I.E.L.D.’s inaugural Hall H appearance this afternoon. Executive producers Maurissa Tancharoen, Jed Whedon and Jeff Bell will also be there for what is surely the first stage in a long goodbye for the flagship show on the first day of this year’s SDCC 50.

Beforehand, Loeb sat down with Deadline to unveil the end of S.H.I.E.L.D., why it is stopping after Season 7, and the “celebration” and possible surprises in store for this lauded part of the Marvel canon.

DEADLINE - Marvel - Agents - SHIELD

DEADLINE: So, how does Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. actually end?

LOEB: Season 6 ends really delightfully. That’s all I can say.

Season - Stories - Chance - Writers - Room

Going into Season 7, when you know you only have 13 more stories, you really do get a chance to see what that writers’ room is going to do when they can do anything. It was the best kind of creative situation.

DEADLINE: OK, but with lots of changes going on at Marvel TV, and of course the Disney expansion with the Fox assets and the upcoming streaming service, why announce now that S.H.I.E.L.D. is...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Deadline
Wake Up To Breaking News!
The truth fairly and honestly presented, will be spun as a lie by a politician.