Pentagon cybersecurity expert 'threatened to kill Democratic congresswoman over a vaccination bill'

Mail Online | 7/18/2019 | Stephanie Haney For Dailymail.com
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/07/18/22/16225692-0-image-a-56_1563483803125.jpg

A cybersecurity contractor with the Pentagon has been charged with threatening to kill a member of congress in a profane voicemail message over a bill that would require vaccination of children, court documents show.

Darryl Albert Varnum of Westminster is accused of leaving a threatening voicemail on June 28 for a Democrat identified only as 'congressperson #1,' in a criminal complaint filed in the U.S. District Court in the District of Maryland.

Threat - Rep - Frederica - Wilson - D-FL

The threat was directed at Rep. Frederica Wilson (D-FL), according to The Daily Beast.

Varnum is employed by Sealing Technology, per the complaint, and has been working at the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) under a contract between Sealing and DISA, U.S. Department of Defense Criminal Investigative Service law enforcement agents said.

Message - Varnum - Cyber - Systems - LinkedIn

The message allegedly left by Varnum, who appears to identify himself as 'a senior cyber systems engineer' on a LinkedIn page, was laced with profanity.

'I’m gonna kill your a** if you do that bill. I swear,' the recorded message began. 'I will f*cking come down and kill your f*cking a**. And you’re a Congressperson, that’s fine. I hope the f*cking FBI, CIA and everybody else hears this sh*t.'

'This - United - States - America - B*tch

It continued: 'This is the United States of America, b*tch. Get the f*ck out. I’ll tell you what I’ll come down to Miami b*tch. I’ll f*ck you up. Like the Cubans don’t even know.'

The message was left on the machine at Wilson's office in Florida, and said to have been prompted by her introduction in May of H.R. 2527, titled the 'Vaccinate All Children Act for 2019.'

Legislation

The legislation would...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!