Headline from The Onion comes true as AOC says 82-year-old congressman can join all-female 'squad'

Mail Online | 7/17/2019 | Katelyn Caralle, U.s. Political Reporter For Dailymail.com
ArceusArceus (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/07/17/19/16174510-0-image-a-26_1563387894700.jpg

A prediction from satirical news site The Onion came true Wednesday when the progressive congresswomen's 'squad' welcomed 82-year-old Representative Bill Pascrell into their group.

The satire article was about the elderly New Jersey congressman asking Representative Ilhan Omar if he could be part of the so-called 'squad,' which include freshmen Omar, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Rashida Tlaib and Ayanna Pressley.

Tuesday - Article - New - Jersey - Congressman

The Tuesday article was titled: '82-Year-Old New Jersey Congressman Bill Pascrell Quietly Asks Ilhan Omar If He Can Be Part Of The Squad.'

Pascrell retweeted the article on his Twitter and asked the four congressmen, 'Well. How bout it?'

Omar - Ocasio-Cortez - Proposal - Tuesday

Both Omar and Ocasio-Cortez responded positively to the proposal on Tuesday.

'You're in, @BillPascrell!' Ocasio-Cortez, who represents New York's 14th district, tweeted – adding a heart and happy face emoji.

Omar - Gif - Rapper - Snoop - Dogg

Omar posted a gif of rapper Snoop Dogg nodding with the caption, 'Oh fo sho.'

Pascrell posted another tweet in response of a Napoleon Dynamite gif indicating he was excited to be welcomed into the 'squad' of four freshmen representatives.

Onion - Article - Pascrell - Representative - Ms

The Onion article framed it differently, with Pascrell approaching the Somali-American representative and saying, 'Excuse me, Ms. Omar, but I've been paying a good deal of attention to this so-called 'squad' of yours and can't help but think that I might make an exciting addition to join in on the fun.'

Ocasio-Cortez and her three colleagues began calling themselves 'the squad' when they banded together over the past few weeks in progressive standpoints.

Month - Border - Bill - Aid - Detention

Earlier this month, they were the only four to vote against a Republiccan $4.6 billion border bill that included sending financial aid to migrant detention centers at the border.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi berated the congresswomen for the...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
A pox on both their houses!